My name is Isabelle Rouault. I am French-born and bred. The rest of me is English! My grandfather worked in Her Majesty’s Service as a Chef at the Paris Embassy and I have heard and spoken English since childhood.
I studied English and Spanish at Paris X and Exeter University) and then read these languages as part of a translation and interpreting degree in Paris (ISIT Paris).
I lived and worked in Paris for many years and for almost 10 years in Exeter (Devonshire) and then London—and have fond memories of Fulham Broadway, Portobello, Hampstead Heath and Belsize Park where I lived for 3 years and, incidentally, also studied Italian.
Making the dream come true has taken us further south to Valencia and we are now enjoying the language and culture every day.
My other passion is words in all languages and how they compare, how they help people get a message across with the right tone of voice, register and knowledge of the target reader.
Philipp Röhlich is my colleague and partner. He is Franco-German and has always been a keen writer, journalist and translator. Multilingualism runs in the family for this son of a South Tyrolean born and educated in Italy with German as his mother tongue!
We both studied at Paris X University, Institut Supérieur d’Interprétation et de Traduction (ISIT Paris) and École Supérieure de Journalisme (ESJ) and Exeter University in the UK. Our passion for languages goes back over twenty years.
Between us, we command five languages – French, English, German, Spanish and Italian. We work into French, our native language and our other target languages are covered by our network of colleagues in France, the UK and US, Australia, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Italy and the Canary Islands!
Images or examples speak volumes, so here are excerpts taken from past assignments. This show how we can make a difference for you, bridging both culture gaps and language barriers.
We are experts in the following:
- marketing documents & blogs on wellbeing, nutrition & essential oils, beauty & cosmetics*
- transcreation or translation of creative messages for the advertising and creative industries
- marketing and technical marketing translation
- translation-adaptation of websites
- tourist brochures and texts on gastronomy & menus
- corporate documents*
- business and financial translation*
- liaison, consecutive and simultaneous interpreting, notably for NGOs and UN agencies
- fiction translation
- non-fiction translation
- copywriting and copyediting
- multilingual awareness-raising copywriting and creation of visuals, especially in the fields of environmental conservation and civic responsibility (Environmental Awareness-Raising)